Waltzing Matilda Day 2013 will be celebrated in Winton with a diverse of events including:
· Building on a Sheep’s Back Exhibition in the Banjo Paterson Room at the Waltzing Matilda Centre reflecting on the history of sheep and wool in the development of Outback Queensland.
· Whip Cracking School with Jeff Close
· Leatherwork Demonstrations with Joanne Warren.
The Program for the Day is shown below.
The highlight of the day will be the Vision Splendid Dinner at the North Gregory Hotel commemorating the first performance of Waltzing Matilda at the hotel in 1895.
Tickets for the dinner are $80 per person with all proceeds going to the Waltzing Matilda Centre. The ticket price includes entertainment, a hearty meal and drinks (Beer, Wine and Soft Drinks).
Tickets can be purchased at either:
· North Gregory Hotel - (07) 4657 0647; or
· Waltzing Matilda Centre - (07) 4657 1466.